What Is Luxury Vinyl Tile?
Published on: Jul 29, 2019
Last updated: Feb 18, 2021
With laminate, engineered wood, tiles and carpet on the market, it can be difficult to choose the perfect flooring option for your home or commercial space. It is always a question of whether you want it to look good, be durable, or easy to clean. Recent technological developments may have made your decision a little easier as luxury vinyl tiles, often abbreviated to LVT, combine all these benefits into one beautifully crafted flooring option.
What is LVT flooring?
Luxury vinyl tile flooring is designed to look and feel like real wood, stone, or concrete and is engineered to last and hassle-free to clean. The multiple layers of LVT flooring have made it an ideal, durable option for your bedroom and living room. As it’s waterproof, you may also want to consider LVT for your kitchen or bathroom flooring.
EnviroBuild’s Sisu LVT has five different wood styles, including Natural Oak for those who prefer a traditional style or Deep Oak which replicates a dark wood perfect to create a warm and welcoming feel in your home.
What is LVT click flooring?
LVT flooring is often available in two different types: dryback, also known as glue down lvt, and click. The range you choose will largely depend on how you want to install your LVT flooring.
Click LVT has a tongue and groove system and needs to be laid on underlay to protect the subflooring and help to absorb sounds even more. This option is easier to install as it doesn’t require any expert knowledge, equipment or adhesive, making it the ideal choice for flooring at home or in small commercial areas.
Covered for up to 35 years, Sisu luxury vinyl tiles have an industry leading warranty that protects the tiles against staining, fading, scrapes and scuffs. So whichever one you choose, you know you’ll have a resilient flooring built to last for years to come.
What is LVT flooring made of?
Sisu LVT is composed of six layers to ensure the tiles are durable, easy to maintain and waterproof.
- At the bottom of the tile, there is a robust vinyl base layer which prevents curling, keeping the LVT rigid and lying flat.
- On top of this there is glass fibre specified for dimensional stability and to help reduce noise.
- The perfectly compounded support structure layered on this helps to achieve even and precise tile laying.
- The high definition print honours nature with unparalleled beauty and depth as the detailed design layer gives the authentic and realistic appearance of natural stone or wood.
- The wear layer, which is what makes LVT so durable, is toughened to tackle even the most demanding environments. Sisu LVT is scratch resistant making it perfect for pet owners and has a stain guarding technology built-in to make it easy to clean.
- The final layer is UV protected to ensure the vinyl floor tiling’s colours won’t fade due to sunlight.
Why choose LVT flooring?
- Waterproof: 100% moisture resistant
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Commercial grade wear layer
- Sound reducing
- Naturally warmer than stone tiles or wood planks
- Easy DIY installation
- Can be used on any flat subflooring