How-To Guide: Installing Pioneer Cladding
Installing cladding by yourself can be daunting, so EnviroBuild have put together a series of how-to videos to keep things simple. With our top-tips and video tutorials, you can ensure both a quality finish and a swift installation. A detailed installation and maintenance guide for our Pioneer Cladding can be found on our website's resource centre.
Our cladding can be used in a variety of locations and come in a stylish range of colour options, including natural browns with Oak and Walnut as well as more modern greys in Granite and Stone. Hyperion Pioneer products will naturally lighten over the first 8-10 weeks before stabilising as a result of any exposure to sunlight, as well as the natural tannins (oils) in the wood content leaching from the boards when they get wet. Due to their plastic content, there isn't any need to treat your cladding, making them easy to maintain and keep clean, with low risk of wet rot over a longer period of time. If you need more help with installation, EnviroBuild have an extensive network of reliable installers we'd happily recommend for your project. Get in contact with us and we'll put you in touch with an installer that can help bring your plans into reality.
- Plan the support structure for your cladding. Don't forget to put in place a water repellent coating or breathable membrane before the battens are fixed.
- Battens can either be fixed directly to the outer wall, or attached to sub-frame battening that is fixed separately to the wall.
- Ensure the correct sized pilot holes are pre-drilled before screwing into all composite products to avoid splitting. Pre-drilled holes need to be at least 2 mm wider than the screw thread used.
- For the butt joints, please ensure the gap is minimum 0.2% of the length of the board.
- Make sure to fit your edge boards on any corners before installing the cladding itself.
- We recommend using our starter fasteners for the first board for a fast and secure installation.
- The next board can be lined up and will be able to simply slide into place.