Aluminium Decking Installation: Step-by-step Tutorial
Fully non-combustible aluminium decking & build up purposely designed to meet all new fire safety regulations under EN13501-1. This step by step guide on installing Hyperion's Aluminium Decking using 3 mm Clips with Aluminium Joists & Adjustable Steel Pedestals by MESA. More detailed information on figuring out the amount of Hyperion aluminium decking required can be found in our installation guide, or simply contact us on 0203 959 1220
- When planning your project, allow 5% extra material for wastage.
- The height dimension of the aluminium bearer will determine how often it must be supported. There should be a maximum of 600 mm between bearers in order to sufficiently support aluminium deck boards.
- There needs to be a slope or fall of around 1:100 (i.e. 10 mm of fall for every metre width or length of decking)
- The maximum tolerance for the steel beams is ±2 mm. This is how high or low a steel beam can be from the adjacent beam.
- Each deck board end should be supported by at least 35 mm on the steel beam.
- At least a 70 mm width is required on the steel beam to support two board ends at butt joints.
- Use our starter fasteners in order to install the first board accurately, after which we recommend our hidden fasteners for fast and secure installation with no visible screws.
- When trimming to size for the deck edge, use a multipurpose cutting tool or an aluminium suitable saw blade.
- Any deck board that has been cut needs to be supported along its trimmed edge. A decking edge piece should be used to achieve this