HYPERION PRODUCT CARE
Hyperion products will provide years of outdoor living pleasure with the proper installation and care.
- Material should be covered until it is ready to be installed to maintain a clean surface (use non-translucent material if stored outside)
- All products should be stored flat and level, supported above the ground at every 500mm interval starting at the board ends
- Battons used to separate and support any decking material should be spaced no more than 500mm apart
- Stack units with banding and bottom supports aligned
- Pallets of decking boards should not be stacked more than 4 pallets or 3m in height
While composites are highly durable, to ensure their lasting beauty, please follow these important guidelines when moving and working with Hyperion products:
- All materials should be placed and not dumped when unloading
- When removing boards from a unit, lift the boards and set them down, do not slide boards against each other when moving them
- Carry decking boards on the edge for better support
- During construction, do not slide or drag any equipment across the boards
- The surface of the boards should be kept free of construction material and waste to prevent damage to the boards
Hyperion products are low maintenance, however with a little cleaning you can help keep your outside space looking beautiful for longer. Please note that although Hyperion products are relatively colour stable, there may be some initial lightening as the product naturally weathers over the first 8-10 weeks.
With the proper safety precautions Hyperion products can be washed with either soapy water and a soft bristled brush or with a power washer (recommended max. 1500psi pressure). You should ensure to spray in the direction of the grain of the boards and use a fan tip nozzle (min. 6 inches from surface) along with the proper cleaning product.
Dirt & Grime
Maintaining a clean, dry surface is the best method for combating dirt, grime and mildew build up. As well as periodic cleaning, ensure that water drains effectively from your deck with appropriate drainage slope and gaps between boards.
When your deck appears clean, it is still important to prevent build-up of pollen and debris. Even though Hyperion products are formulated to inhibit mildew growth and staining, mildew stains can occur where moisture and dirt or pollen is present.
Many stains can be cleaned with soap or household de-greasing agent and warm water. Scrub and soak the affected area as soon as the stain occurs to ensure best results, then rinse off with warm water.
For more stubborn stains we recommend using a composite specific cleaner for more effective stain removal.
Only with very set stains, you may want to use coarse sandpaper (60-80 grit) and sand lightly (Pioneer range products only), always in the direction of the grain of the product. Cleaned or sanded areas may lighten, which can require 8-10 weeks exposure to the sun to match the remaining product, depending on location and specific application.
Due to the wood content, composite products, like any wood-based product, may experience a naturally occurring process called Extractive Bleeding (known as tea staining). This process can cause a temporary discoloration that will fade with time.
Scrapes & Scratches
Take care when moving plant pots and furniture, etc around your deck, use protective feet pads where necessary. Surface scratches and abrasions will fade after weathering. However, scrape and scratch marks can be eliminated by using a wire brush or coarse sandpaper (60-80 grit). Simply brush/ sand in the direction of the grain on the product until the mark has gone. The treated area will weather back in approximately 8-10 weeks. Take care if treating wood grain patterned board, not to remove the grain effect.
Painting & Staining
EnviroBuild does not guarantee or recommend anything applied to Hyperion products, however it is still possible for Hyperion products to be to painted or stained.
Wait until the product has completed its weathering process and ensure you have a clean and dry surface prior to applying any paint or stain. Always apply products in accordance with the manufacturer’s application instructions.